PrintS From A Victorian
Here are five original prints from The Guide, an illustrated weekly magazine recording British life and world events in Victorian times. Framed, they make interesting tabloid pages of a charming and uncomplicated time.
They look sensational in a matt frame.
The Advance Guard: Amid the Alpine Snows
In this study, we see the leader of a skiing party at lovely Chamonix under the lordly Mont Blanc, towards which, in common with other resorts,tourists have been and are flocking for the winter sports.
Although she looks quite workmanlike and apparently to the manner born, she stands alone amidst the waste of snow, it will be noticed she remains faithful to the skirt which so many have now forsaken for breeches.
Is the big ship doomed?
The great controversy that is raging round the future of the battleship is here discussed by Surgeon Oscar Parkes R.N., late of the Admiralty who also illustrates his view on this and other pages.
He stoops to conquer: An idyll on the ice at Chamonix, 1909
Men and Women Meeting On Equal Terms
on the snowfields of Silesia and Chamonix, 1914
Oh horror! English women dressed as men!
- These are originals and not modern reproductions
- Two pages from an issue in 1914.
- The dates appear at the bottom of the pages. They are more than 100 years old.
- There is a fold which sometimes shows a shadow on the image, but should not show when framed
- This print is from a periodical and has printing on the reverse side.
- Dimensions of the print: 12 x 10 inches (305 x 250) including margins
- Dimensions of the page: 16 x 11 inches (410 x 280)
Sport In The Glorious Setting of the Snow-Clad Peaks Of the Alps, 1920
- Dimensions: 22 x 16 inches (560x 410)
- A double page from The Guide, 1920
Mountaineering at Mont Blanc, 1907
- The summit of Mont Blanc(15,761ft ) and the Janssen Observatory
- Ascending Mont Blanc: The Dromedary's Hump
Clockwise from top left:
- Climbing the Aiguille de Chamonix
- At the junction of the Taconnaz and Bossons Glaciers
- At the observatory at Monte Rosa
- Two full pages from The Guide, 1907 of Mont Blanc Mountain
Original Prints From The Guide, A British Magazine from Victorian Times
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 11 inches (395 x 280 )
- This is a full page and its reverse from the 1921 Graphic, a weekly illustrated magazine.
- It is a print from an original and is genuine print, and not modern copies.
- It is sold and distributed by Oldprint, is a 4.8 star rated Amazon store.
- Browse through their store for more from The Graphic, known for its coverage of Victorian life including royalty, travel adventures, natural history, and popular pastimes such as hunting, fishing, shooting, as well as sports of tennis, horse racing, football, cricket and of course the politics of the time.
- Oldprint is headquartered in Scotland, UK and ships worldwide.
Chamonix Art Prints From A Victorian Illustrated Weekly